Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Blessed By Burdens

I saw Freedom Writers the other day, great movie. If you like Dangerous Minds you will definitely enjoy it. There was one part in particular in the movie that really got to me. Hilary Swank is talking to her father and he says to her, "You've been blessed with a burden". I had never heard anyone say that before, blessed with a burden. It just made me think, what if I felt blessed by my burdens instead of well, burdened by my burdens. I thought about this a lot and I finally came to the conclusion, if anything, my burdens give my life purpose. The things and people that I am responsible for give me purpose. Its amazing how just thinking about that made me feel a little less weighed down by certain things in my life. In a way, it made me feel good. If I didn't have those things, those burdens, what would I have? What would I do with myself? Would my life be meaningful at all?

And so, for now, I am grateful for the burdens that I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to see that movie; i really wanted to. Amen on the blessed with a burden in certain circumstances...~V

Anonymous said...

I still have that feeling ... ~V :)