Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weirdness

I avoided a potentially awkward situation today. I'm not sure why exactly except that I just didn't want to ruin anyone's evening. I don't set out to cause trouble, in fact, I'll avoid it at all costs. I myself don't like feeling uncomfortable and I can't imagine who would really. Perhaps I just make things more difficult than they are. Perhaps there's nothing to feel awkward or uncomfortable about and I just create these fears and anxieties in my head. Though, the entire set up of the situation just seemed so impossible, it truly caught me off guard and there was definitely some panic involved because I had a brief moment where I just froze and thought to myself-really? what are the odds of this? Now I'm just over analyzing the situation trying to figure out what would have been the "right" way to handle it. At the same time I'm not really sure if there is a right or wrong way, just my way. Today my way was to do a complete 180 and walk in the other direction.

No comments: