Thursday, August 02, 2007

The End Of The Best Book Series EVER!

So I finished Harry Potter a few days ago, but I've been somewhat busy at work this week, and oh, extremely lazy with my blog lately, other wise I would have written a post right after I finished it, when the gleaming tears of happiness were still freshly streaking down my cheeks. Anyways, I was extremely surprised with how J.k. ended it, I was expecting her to end it somewhat dark with a hint of a cliffhanger, but she didn't. I was very pleased with the ending and not really longing for any more books like I thought I would be, it truly was the end, she did an outstanding job, genius really. She deserves to be a billionaire, one of the few people I will actually say that about.

As for you non-harry potter fans that are sneering at this entry by now and probably stopped reading a few sentences ago-don't criticize the HP books until you have actually read them! If you have actually read them, at least up to and including book 3, then I will be happy to argue with you. I say that because the first two books are basically her introducing all of the characters (she is an awesome character writer, one of the main reasons I enjoy her books so much) and she doesn't really get into the plot until the third book.

In other news (ha) my summer is going very well so far, it has been quite eventful. I am going to Chincoteague again this weekend and then "camping" in the middle of August to conclude my vacationing for the summer. I say "camping" because I will be in the woods in a log cabin that has air conditioning, a kitchen, and a bathroom complete with shower, that's how I camp. Not that I couldn't rough it per say, I just prefer it this way, cheers!

Philosophy for today:

Associate with those you can learn from. Let friendly relations be a school of erudition, and conversation, refined teaching. Make your friends your teachers and blend the usefulness of learning with the pleasure of conversation. Enjoy the company of people of understanding. What you say will be awarded with applause; what you hear, with learning. What draws us to others, ordinarily, is our own interest, and here that interest is ennobled. The prudent frequent the homes of courtly heroes: theaters of heroism, not places of vanity. Some are renowned for their learning and good judgment: oracles of all greatness through example and friendship. Those who accompany them form a courtly academy of gallant discretion and wisdom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

harry potter is a character to whom almost anyone can relate, no sarcasm, no bullshit...i'll talk to ya when you return ;)

~Vanessa

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love you