Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is my dad's birthday, he would have been 42. (As I edit this I wonder if I'm going to have an entry that starts off like that every year...I'll try and mix it up a little) My dad passed away almost three months ago...it feels like three days ago. Every night when I lie down to go to sleep the moment that I close my eyes I am hit with what seems like thousands of bad memories and then I am just creamed by overwhelming emotion that leaks slowly from my eyes. Its like clockwork. After that its really hard for me to go back to sleep, I mean, who would want to go back to that? So I've become somewhat of an insomniac and I've definitely got some issues...

Anyway, I visited my dad's grave for a little while today which, honestly, is just weird for me. I really have no idea what to do with myself while I'm there so when I say a little while, I mean minutes. After that I went to my moms where we all drank michelob light and played rock band. By the way, just so you all know, I rule at every instrument in rock band-bring it. So that was fun and now I'm back in the city, the boys are gone so I have the entire apt to myself which rarely ever happens so I'm gonna go and do some crazy cleaning while listening to old Mariah Carey albums or I'll just smoke. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Steber...

You are missed and loved.

~V