Thursday, June 07, 2007

Antibacterial Soap Isn't The Cure I Was Hoping For...

My dad had to miss another chemo treatment because his platelets and white blood cells are dangerously low, lower than they were the last time he had to miss a treatment...He is very close to the range that they have to hospitalize you and give you a blood transfusion. Now there is antibacterial soap all over my house and he has to wear a face mask whenever he leaves...I can't even begin to imagine how that must make him feel...Not only do I have to deal with the fact that my father is dying but now I also have to worry about accidentally giving him a germ that could potentially kill him...What kind of torture is this? Why am I even typing this right now?

I hate washing my hands with that soap...it hurts...it almost makes it too real, to feel the sadness on my hands...to hold it...to smell it...to rinse it away with water...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*HUG* i know the reality is setting in and hitting hard....I'm so sorry...i've said this before, but to reiterate, i can not even imagine what you are going through. let me know if there is anything i can do for either you or your family.

~V