Friday, March 30, 2007

Tidal Wave

The light that you use to cast over me has turned into shade, everything in my world has turned to darkness. I'm trapped in a cold place where I only have more and more memories of you and less and less future. Time has never been more fleeting and deceptive. Now I constantly have to fight it and it's never gone by so fast. I've never felt so defeated by anything or anyone.

It's hard not to think about the past when you realize that a past is all you might have left with someone. It's even harder not to think about the future...

I keep having this reoccurring dream/nightmare, different scenarios each time, but a huge tidal wave always comes at some point in the dream and wipes everything out. I can feel everything change and I can always see the dark, almost black, water coming. Dark clouds roll in, the wind picks up and its extremely cold. But I just stand there, I just watch it come. Each time I am with my family, they are panicking, sometimes running and I just stand there...waiting for it to hit me.

That dream isn't symbolic of the type of person I am. I am not brave. All I want to do is quit and run away from everything. There's just nowhere to run to, no place to hide. That wave is coming and there's nothing I can do to escape it.

Sometimes I just wish this was over. Like a show that was suddenly discontinued.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That honestly worries me, that you just quit and run away from everything... you are truly stronger than you know. I love You, I see who you really are; who you can grow to be, (if you don't run away from things) and i'm so proud of you.

~V